The UK government’s restaurant discount scheme is to be continued by a number of businesses in Wales until September at their own expense.
Eat Out to Help Out will end on Monday, after being launched to help the hospitality industry.
Offers a 50% discount, up to £ 10 per person, on meals and non-alcoholic drinks.
But some cafes and restaurants, including chains and independents, have decided to continue offering the reduction.
Brains pub owners are extending their program until September 9.
Will the “eat out to help” program be extended?
The ups and downs of the coronavirus reimbursement program
Eat Out to Help Out discount used 64 million times in three weeks
UK chains Harvester, Tesco Cafe and Toby Carvery are among those who have said they will continue the program for part or all of September.
The Cardiff Philharmonic has decided to keep the offer open after seeing ‘unprecedented’ table reservations earlier in the week.
Pub manager Nick Newman said continuing the program was a “business decision”
Manager Nick Newman said it was a “business decision” to continue with the offer for a month, but he believes it will “give customers more confidence to come back.”
Welsh government guidelines say restaurants are working in a new way.
The Philharmonie “gets used to serving and serving [customers]” in a way that ensures the safety of customers and staff.
Some companies have introduced apps to reduce interaction between customers and staff.
Others have introduced one-way systems and screens between tables.
Customers reacted “very well” to the pub opening, he said.
“The customers reacted really, really well – they just reacted well to the fact that we have completely reopened,” said Newman.
“I think we are on the path to reintroducing the business to our customers and again just to give them the confidence to get back to town and get back to business.”